Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 5 - Drinking our asses off (Oh yeah, I'm on swing shift)

Day 4 was pretty uneventful because I was exhausted.  I got 4 hours of sleep on Weds night, so last night I went to bed at 6PM.  I slept until 10:30PM, went back to bed at 1:00AM and slept until 7:00.  It was AWESOME!

I then went to my orientation at the Rio.  Jack Effel (the tournament coordinator of the WSOP) and Kim Smith (the dealer coordinator) talked to us.  Jack Effel seems really cool; the guy is a showman!  It wasn't anything he did in particular, more the way he talks and carries himself.  I found out that I'm working 4PM to midnight next Monday and Tuesday and 6PM to 2AM next Saturday through Thursday.  So I got swing shift, which isn't as good as days, but a heck of a lot better than nights or early mornings!  I need next Saturday off, so I need to go talk to Kim on Sunday to arrange it.

I'm writing this while Joel (the only one not drinking) is off on a beer run.  Joel, Vincent, Anthony, Erik, and I are drinking beers and playing a $0.05/$0.10 mixed game to get some dealing practice before the series starts.  We're having a blast ragging on everyone for their mistakes.  What else are friends for?

1 comment:

  1. As long as they don't independently dub you 00-drops-a-lot, something tells me you'll be just fine. It sounds like the experience of a lifetime! Good luck, man!

    ReplyDelete