Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 7 - Prepping for the Series

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit nervous.  I start dealing today (Monday) at 4PM, which I admit crept up on me.  At least I finally received and read the WSOP Dealer Guide, which helped me feel more prepared.  I'm planning to reread it after waking up to make sure I'm as ready as I can be.  My roommate Matt, his wife Michelle, their friend Mike, and I played poker for a while last night as well.  Matt thinks I won't have any problems, but I know I'm going to make some mistakes.  Quite honestly, I have no idea how I am going to respond after the players get pissed at me for it.  Hopefully, I respond well.

3 comments:

  1. Stay focused and you'll be fine. Be yourself and be honest with the table. Think about how you would react if the dealer made a mistake. What games are you dealing today? Good luck! We'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should just slap the first guy who yells at you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to hearing about your first day. Give em hell Christian!

    ReplyDelete