Monday, May 9, 2011

T-14 days...and counting

I leave for the WSOP in two weeks!  It seems really close and yet still so far away...if that makes any sense.  Once I'm in Vegas the WSOP won't start for another week, and I'm not sure whether the week will go in a blur or take forever.  I'm guessing it will be a long week, but since I'm planning to play some poker, it might go faster.  Who knows?

There are a few tournaments and one cash game that I can't wait to try out.  The first tournament is the $80 Hold 'em tournament at the Orleans.  The players start w/ 7500 chips and the blinds go up every 20 minutes for the first hour and every 30 minutes thereafter.  My kind of tournament!  Bummer that the blinds start at 50/100, but the structure is great afterwards.

Another Orleans tournament that I want to try out is the $80 HORSE, which is offered at noon on Fridays and 7:00PM on Sundays.  The blinds / limits go up every 20 minutes of this tournament, which also starts with 7500 chips.  Another deep stack with a nice slow structure!

Binion's has a $60 daily tournament at 10:00AM and PM with 5000 chips and a pretty good structure, though the blinds are only 15 minutes.  I have to play here at least once; it's Binion's!  Bill's Gamblin' Hall has a $30 tournament that runs four times a day (five on weekends).  The structure is not nearly as good, but the price actually makes sense for my bankroll.

The cash game that I'm excited about is at the Imperial Palace.  The IP has a $3/$6 Mixed game on Sunday nights at 7:00PM.  The game contains Omaha-8, Razz, Stud-8, Badugi, 2-7 Triple Draw, Baduci (Badugi and 2-7 combined, each winning half the pot), 4 card Ocean Crazy Pineapple (Players muck one card after the flop and turn, and a sixth board card, called the Ocean, is dealt), and 3-2-1 Omaha (three flops, two turns, and one river).  I've never played Baduci, Ocean Pineapple, or 3-2-1 Omaha, but the game sounds fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment