Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 16: Back in the Pit

Tuesday was the $1,500 buy-in Triple Chance No Limit Hold 'em tournament.  Players get 1,500 chips and two lammers worth 1,500 chips each.  Most players just cash the lammers in right away to start w/ 4,500 chips, but some players kept the lammers, started w/ 1,500 chips, and used the lammers after busting out.

My first table had Faraz Jaka, who was the WPT player of the year in 2010.  Andrew Black was also at that table and he is a funny guy.  I also dealt to James Mackey in the tournament and he looks really young.  While I was on break, they broke my row of tables, so I was sent to cash again.  Boooo.

Much to my chagrin, I was sent to the high limit pit again.  I dealt $75/$150 Stud-8 and got stiffed again.  I also dealt $25/$50 PLO w/ a $100 button straddle and $75/$150 Omaha-8 again.  I also dealt $10/$25 No Limit Hold 'em.  Jamie Gold and Andrew Robl were at the Hold 'em table and Gold gave me my biggest tip of the day, $5 for a fairly small pot.  Needless to say, I was rooting for him to win more pots, but he only won the one pot while I was dealing.  One player at the table lost all of the approximately $30,000 in front of him on a board of Q-6-4-2-7.  He had 2-2 for trips, but his opponent had 5-3 offsuit for a straight.

I work at 9:30AM tomorrow instead of 11AM, because Wednesday is the day that I swapped for to get out of working last Saturday.  I'll probably get stuck in cash again, but hopefully I'll be working satellites or something else instead.

3 comments:

  1. See now you're just making shit up. Lammers?

    Hope you get out of the Pit soon and back to the tourny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, what the eff is a lammer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lammer is a chip that has no value and is not in play. If you go all-in, your lammers do not go into the pot, you keep them. So you can lose all your chips, but still be in the tournament, because you exchange a lammer for another 1,500 in chips.

    ReplyDelete