Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 22: Pot-Limit Omaha

On Monday, I dealt the $1,500 Pot-Limit Omaha triple chance tournament.  Another tourney with lammers.  I actually had a difficult decision between working the tournament or single table satellites.  I ended up choosing the tournament because it's more guaranteed money.  I would need some nice tips after the satellites to get the kind of money that I get from 10-12 tournament downs.

On the first day of the WSOP Matt showed me a dealer dealing satellites named Carl.  Carl is a really nice older man, but he is a painfully slow and imprecise dealer and it's his third year at the series!  He made me feel a lot better about myself.  Carl was the next dealer after me, and pushing me all day.  The tournament got a little screwed up because people were getting eliminated quickly and a lot of tables were breaking.  Consequently, a new player at my table tried to cash in one of his lammers and I didn't have chips to give him.  I told the table that his lammer was in play for 1,500 chips and one other player's lammer was not.  I passed that news on to Carl and went on break.  Matt and I were cracking up, imagining Carl screwing it all up.  Fortunately they found Carl some chips pretty quickly, so he didn't have to deal with the problem long.

Eric Mizrachi was the biggest name that I dealt to all day.  I did a good job keeping track of the pot, but it sure gets exhausting.  On my last down of the day, one player made one of the weirdest plays I have ever seen.  Both players involved had a ton of chips in front of them when the hand began.  The blinds were 150/300 and the first player, a young kid, raised to 900.  He got called by the button before a middle aged man who lives in New York, but is from Israel, potted it from the big blind to 3,750 and the young guy called.  The flop was Q 4 2 and the Israeli guy moved all-in for 8,200.  I was trying to figure out if the bet was legal; I was pretty sure that it was bigger than the pot, but I was tired and nobody objected, so I let it go.  The young kid said that he definitely had the worst hand, but that he thought he would win.  He called and flipped over 7 6 3 2 for bottom pair.  What a ridiculously bad hand for him to call off most of his chips!  The Israeli guy had a big hand and big draw with A A Q 3.  The turn was the 5 to make a flush for the Israeli and end it right there.  He took most of the young guy's chips.

I'm a couple days behind on updates, but I need to get to bed.  I'm meeting my uncle Mick for breakfast at the Rio tomorrow morning before my shift, so I need to get up early.  I'll try to post tomorrow night about hanging with Paul and Amy Tuesday and the poker we played, and about my $2,500 6-handed tournament on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment