Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 42-44: Lot of Tournament Downs

Sunday was the second starting day of the last $1,000 No-Limit Hold 'em tournament of the WSOP.  I thought I was in for an awful day because Amy started with the letter C when she gave out assignments.  The day before, she started with the letter G, and Matt, whose last name is Francis, ended up getting sent to the cash games along with all the other F's, because Amy was out of assignments when she got to them.  Luckily, Sunday was a busier start day than Saturday and I was sent to the Orange section of the Amazon Room to start the tournament.  So many dealers were needed that they pulled dealers from earlier shifts out of cash and satellites to start the tournament too.

Christian Harder was at my first table and later I dealt to Andre Akkari and Maria Mayrnick.  I hit another sweet spot as my table broke between 3:00 and 3:30, which resulted in my assignment to start the 4:00PM Deepstack tournament.  It's always a nice day when I get to spend the whole shift dealing tournaments!

I was scheduled to work at 1PM on Monday and I got to do my first day two restart.  The $1,000 No-Limit Hold 'em had 638 players returning for day two out of a starting field of 4,576, 468 of which would make it into the money.  Unfortunately, I only got to deal for about twenty minutes before they broke my table.  It was enough time to dish out a bad beat however.  Angel Guillen moved all-in and an older gentleman with a smaller stack called himself all-in w/ J 6.  Guillen had K K and I put out a board of A K 4 Q 10 to give the older guy a straight to beat Guillen's set of kings.

After my table was broken, I was assigned to be a cage runner yet again.  This time I got six downs out of it, so it wasn't as much of a waste of time.  After I was released from that assignment, I was sent to the White section to start the 8PM Mega satellite.  The buy-in was $550 and a whopping 483 players entered!  So they sent 24 winners to the Main Event.  We were locked into dealing; there were not enough dealers to push us, so I got seven consecutive downs without a break.  It brought my total for the day to fifteen downs, which is tied for my best ever day!  Also, I got to deal to Richard Lee, who finished 6th in the 2006 WSOP Main Event after running J-J into Jamie Gold's Q-Q.

Tuesday was the last tournament starting day of the WSOP before the Main Event.  I started the $1,500 No-Limit Hold 'em tournament, which had 3,389 players, far more than anticipated.  I dealt to Lauren Kling, Melanie Weisner, and Jean-Robert Bellande.  I dished out a bad beat to Mr. Bellande too.  He called two all-ins in front of him with A K.  The first all-in, with the shortest stack, had K 4 and the second all-in had A 6.  So he had both of them dominated.  The flop was safe, but I put a 6 on the turn to take away most of Jean-Robert's chips.  I ended up with a very respectable thirteen downs, but that paled to my roommate Matt, who was locked in much of the day and didn't get off until 10:00, earning nineteen downs in the process!

I start at 1PM tomorrow (Wednesday) and hopefully I get either the $1,500 restart, the 2PM Deepstack, or satellites.  I do not want cash games or the restart of the $5,000 Pot-Limit Omaha High/Low Split.  Thursday is Day 1A of the Main Event, so things should be getting really interesting real soon!

2 comments:

  1. You'll be happy to hear that I watched the entire final table of the 50K players championship on espn3. Did you hear much talk about it the next day? It was pretty crazy seeing Hellmouth get his 3rd runner-up of the WSOP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there was a lot of chatter in the Amazon Room about it, but I was stuck dealing Mega Satellites in the Pavilion all day. Nobody there was talking about it. I'm pretty sure nobody has won Player of the Year without winning a bracelet either. So he would have an interesting combination of the most bracelets ever and winning POY in a year where he didn't win one.

    ReplyDelete