Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 51-52: Pretty slow days

Tuesday was a pretty dull day after the excitement of the previous two days.  I didn't get a spot to start the day, but I was assigned to push into the Blue section of the Amazon Room, so I knew I wasn't going to be on a breaking table all day.  I dealt to Greg Mueller, but nobody else that I recognized.  After getting pushed out at 6:30, I went to the dealer coordinator desk, hoping to get overtime, but Monica didn't keep any 11AM dealers and sent us all home for the night.  I only got nine downs, but it could have been worse; my buddy Mike got three downs and spent the rest of the day dealing cash.

After work on Tuesday there was a dealer appreciation party at PT's, which is a bar that is a dealer hangout during the WSOP every year.  They had some free food and a free video poker tournament.  I was matched up against Kim, the head dealer coordinator.  Of course I jokingly asked her if I was going to be fired on the spot if I beat her, but I had nothing to worry about.  She whipped my ass.  I proceeded to get drunker than I have been in quite a while, but I caught a ride home with Matt so it was all good.

Wednesday was my first off day after eleven consecutive days of dealing.  Good thing too because I woke up with a slight hangover.  I ran a couple of errands after Matt took me back to my car and then I went to Green Valley Ranch to play in their $45 HORSE tournament.  Much to my chagrin, the tournament was already sold out!  I played a little video poker instead, which didn't come anywhere near satisfying my itch to play.  I'm picking AJ up from the airport tomorrow night after work and we'll probably play a tourney or two this weekend, so at least I'll get to play again before leaving.

I'm on the schedule to work through Saturday, but neither Matt nor I think that I actually will work that long.  They usually start sending dealers home after Day 3 of the Main Event, which is Thursday.  As a first year dealer, I should be among the first to be sent home, but Amy seems to like me so maybe I'll last longer than most first years.  It would be nice to get 20 more downs before I go!

1 comment:

  1. I want the wrap-up! I assume you're home now. We should get together this weekend.

    ReplyDelete